More Booze! (Autumn Edition, part 1)
The Apple Bomb
1. Ingredients: Vodka, Honey (some people don’t like too sweet, but the honey makes this drink ultra-smooth), Cinnamon, Appropriately Sized Sanitized Vessel, Apples (I use Honeycrisp because those are the best goddamn apples in the world), something to drink while you work (in this case last year’s batch of hard cider), and something to watch (Supernatural).
2. Chop the apples about this big.
3. 8 regular apples fill two 1/2 gallon vessels just about right.
4. A ton of cinnamon. I don’t know how much keep sprinkling. Lots of honey. It is impossible to add too much honey, because excess honey is easy to separate when the product is finished. Around this time Crowley and Dean are at the bar and Crowley orders the foofy girly drink.
5. Fill with vodka. Not too cheap, but anything fancy will be wasted. Takes about two liters to fill, but I only had 1.75.
6. Wait about a month and separate the apples from the brew using some sort of strainer. Let the brew sit chilled for a day, and you can separate it again from the excess honey and small solids, which will then settle. The drink is awesome. You’ll never have anything better. The apples are sort of bitter and look gross. They’ll get you fucked up if you eat them.
7. Preview for my next project! (not the ugly dirty bucket)